Saturday, March 31, 2007

There may be hope for me yet...

I want to be vegetarian. I've tried to be vegetarian throughout my entire life, sometimes succeeding for months at a time. I've solicited advice from friends, family, and strangers. But, there are certain bird-related meals that I really really enjoy. Such as a nice turkey sandwich.

But a few days ago, my professor brought in her chicken for the class to draw. And as I stared into their beady little eyes, I wished I didn't eat their kind.

So back to the turkey sandwich. Well, I invented a better sandwich, and it is absolutely turkey free. It goes like this:

Whole wheat pita
Spicy 3-pepper hummus
thinly sliced cucumbers
chopped kalamata olives
muenster cheese
broccoli sprouts
shredded carrots
drizzled with balsamic vinegar and sprinkled with salt & pepper

oh, mercy, it's good.

If I can keep coming up with yummy veggie stuff that I actually enjoy, and forgo my chicken wing habit, well, I may just make it to veggiedom after all.

On the subject of veggieism, I wonder if this mom would adopt me, or at least pack my lunch... Vegan Lunchbox

Labels: ,